AWARDS AND HONORS: Lawrence E. Thompson
• Bachelor of Architecture, cum Laude, Univ. of Southern California, 1963, ranked second in Architecture : Henry Adams Medal for highest class standing.
• USC Architectural School Senior Class President, member SCARAB and Tau Sigma Delta architectural fraternities. Winner of a U.S.C Alumni Scholarship for scholastics, the Wade Fellowship, and the Southern California Plastering Institute Scholarship.
• Winner, California State Passive Solar Design Competition, Coastal Warm Inland Valley, 1979, Irv.Thomas, consulting engineer.
• The only Architect voted “Best Architect” in "Best in Business", of the Business Digest Magazine (Santa Barbara-Ventura Counties ).
• Santa Barbara Beautiful Awards: Plaza Linda Vista Mixed Use (President’s Award), 1525 State Street, and Arlington Court Mixed Use, 1332 Anacapa Street.
• Goleta Beautiful Awards: Pepe's Restaurant, 254 Orange Street, and the Elephant Bar and Restaurant, Santa Barbara Airport
• Ventura Beautiful Award: Soup Tureen Restaurant, 3940 East Main Street.